Tracking Code

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

My realizations with the religion

The religious or spiritual practice has become a close part of me since I got married. My husband is a very rational religious person, while mother-in-law is an orthodox religious. After moving to Canada, I got the opportunity to learn little about the Christianity and the Bible as well. I also practice the Buddhism as well. So, quite a lot of my time is invested in the religion. So, I keep reflecting on how these various things are connected and lead us towards becoming a good person. In this digital age, there are so many spiritual gurus and motivational speakers, health speakers who do connect medicines to the religious scriptures. So, a few days back, I was coming home on a rainy, windy weather with an umbrella in my one hand. I suddenly realized that religious or spiritual practice is also like an umbrella, it does not change our circumstances but gives us the courage to glide through the tough situations smoothly.

I am a born Hindu and also practicing Buddhism for a decade now. So, I kind of keep comparing both of these philosophies to see the things from different perspectives. I realized in Hinduism we are kind of so dependent on the deities that we almost lose confidence in our own true potential. While, in Nichiren Buddhism, we believe God or all the protective forces are dormant in our body and through human revolution we have to manifest this true potential.

Karma is one theory which is so prevalent in Hinduism and Buddhism too.

Death and life after death are two such concepts, which widely separate many eastern and western religious practices.

Food is another important thing, which distinguishes many religions like whether we should eat satvik food or non-veg food or halal or kosher meat.

Religion is so profound that we really need to expound on it to understand the subtle meaning of life or how to lead a good life. We usually say that Refrigerator or Air conditioner or television in our house has a manual, but life does not come with a manual. I believe this is partially true. Life does have a manual, which comes in the form of religion, provided we take time to read these religious books and reflect on this. So, in this regard is one such thing called Humility. We often feel hurt when we respect someone or do something good to others, but others don't meet our level of expectations. But, in the Hindu religious scriptures, it is clearly mentioned what are the four qualities of humility. 1. being low like a grass;2. being tolerant like a tree;3. Respect others;4. don't expect respect from others, if we cultivate these four qualities, then we don't have to suffer through the burden of expectations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.