Tracking Code

Monday, September 17, 2018

Why I don't get bore while living abroad: experience of an expat

In western countries, they deliver so many fliers, newsletters, and newspapers at home free of cost, which are full of good information and if you like reading them then you can easily spend your time creatively and qualitatively.

The Internet is a must these days, which keeps you occupied for hours. With Facebook, WhatsApp, I wonder where my time flies.

You need to keep your laptop and mobile working and clean all the time. The camera in the mobile phone automatically makes you a good photographer. You start clicking pictures and so regularly need to take the backup.

I have always loved reading books. I have a good collection of books. After all, leaders are readers. I was amazed to learn that Bill Gates reads 50 books a year, and same is true for other global leaders like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg(24 books) and the trophy for reading goes to Warren Buffet who spends 80% of his time reading. No wonder, what is the secret of their success. 

  1. Scarlet letter: this book has been banned in US high schools.
  2. Catcher in the Rye: this book has been banned in US high schools.
  3. Moonwalk: Michael Jackson's Autobiography.
  4. Momo by Michael Ende: It is a German classic children's book.
  5. The New Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz 
  6. Bengal Nights
  7. It does not die
I love watching short films. And, on youtube, there is such a large collection of short films. There is a whole genre called 'Anthology' literally meaning collection or compilation or selection, which I have started liking now.

  1. Pressure cooker
  2. Murabba
  3. Ship of Theseus
  4. Justju: Longing- A short-film highlighting the urban loneliness.
I love listening to the radio, it is my childhood memory. Another thing, which connects me to my childhood is reading newspapers, magazines, storybooks.

I love to read short stories of Rabindranath Tagore like:

  1. Chandalika
  2. Parrot's education
  3. Chitragandha

I love participating in online surveys and focus groups.

I love shopping like any other woman. I have very typical choices while shopping so it could be pretty quick or may take hours.

Cooking and eating out are both my favorites. No Indian party is complete without the dance.

I also like to express my emotions in the form of poems:

  1. https://exploringworldforever.blogspot.com/2018/11/blog-post.html
  2. https://exploringworldforever.blogspot.com/2017/09/blog-post_8.html
  3. https://exploringworldforever.blogspot.com/2017/09/blog-post_7.html
Watching Bollywood movies:
  1. Omkara: Based on the play 'Othello' of William Shakespeare.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.