Tracking Code

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Journey of beds

In India, to date, traditional, heavy wooden beds are common. In Bengal, it is the wooden canopy style beds which are very common. Another trend, I saw in India was the wrought iron beds. Storage beds are also a common style in India.

But, when I moved to North America, I found a whole new world of furniture. My first encounter was the inflatable mattress. The next encounter was with the platform bed, which has a metal platform to put the mattress on it. When I moved to Europe, I found another kind of bed or say boxspring type bed.

While in India, I knew that bed comes in only two sizes, single or double. While exploring the world, I also got the chance to explore the world of beds. Beds to come in a variety of sizes, single, double, twin, king and queen size. During my recent travel to Germany, I also came across a new term i.e. French Bed. I started dreaming something very elegant and romantic, considering such a poetic image of Paris. After exploring little on Google, I found that it is a fancy word to mention about a small bed. In case you are investing in a wooden bed, there are different kinds of wood to select from, like pine, oak etc.

140 cm wide is a double bed.
160 cm wide is a queen bed.
180 cm wide is a king bed.

200 cm long is good for anyone with height under 6'2".
A lot of emphases is put on the mattress.

Accessories:

  1. Fitted Sheets
  2. Blankets
  3. All season Quilts
  4. Duvets
  5. Pillows


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.