Tracking Code

Friday, October 26, 2018

My Journey of Breakfast

Until I got married, breakfast meant nothing to me or it only meant plain or stuffed parantha with yogurt and pickle with a hot cup of tea. And, on special Sundays, bread toast and sandwiches.

Then, I picked up sprouted beans, fresh fruits, tetra pack juices to fresh juices. Boiled egg and omelet to poached eggs(water or oil poached).

When I landed in Europe, then whole grain rustic bread and rolls with a whole new variety of cheeses and butter and a hot cup of coffee.

Then, I started eating sauteed vegetables as a hot salad in breakfast with mozzarella cheese and olives.

Poha and upma landed somewhere in between this breakfast journey.

My mother-in-law favorite is a piece of white bread with fruit jam or jelly or peanut butter.

My husbands favorite is a piece of white bread with butter, sprinkled with black pepper and sugar.

Lately, I have started eating granola or oats in breakfast, which is known musseli in Europe. And, banana smoothies is also a personal favorite.

A 3-min soft boiled egg is also a newly discovered entity in my Sunday's breakfast.

Buttergipfel - normal croissant made with the maximum amount of butter.
Gipfeli - could be a buttergipfel as well, but it's the regular croissant.
Laugengipfel - the brown croissants coated with some kind of food grade alkali (lye?)
Weggi - pastry roll, usually with a sausage in it. Swiss pinky-in-blanket

Sausages and Salami

Wafer thin Smoked chicken

Smoked Fish.

french style Brioche




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.