Tracking Code

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Trailing spouse

Today's society is all about coining terms and terminology, I wonder that being specific has become so important. Since I got married, I not only moved to a new home rather to a new country. And, a few years later to another country. It has been over 7 years I have been living the life of a trailing spouse. Though no one forced me, it comes naturally to an Indian girl, to be with her husband in all situations, so I did the same.
Before marriage, I was an independent, modern girl, having aspirations of living my life at my own terms. Just after marriage, I moved to a distant land for the first time. Life moved at such a quick pace, I hardly could understand anything. It seems exciting to get exposure to the other side of the world but it comes at a price as well.
It is not only about that I have to make adjustments with many things, but it also takes lots of patience and understanding. And, everyone is not the same and also in the same situation. Therefore, outcomes vary a lot. Many times, I challenged with self-worth or loss of identity, which is quite to feel in such situations. No one in my both families has stayed abroad before, so discussing all these things with them was not very helpful.
Identity crisis is very crucial and makes everything questionable. One thing that kept me going through all this was Volunteering. Though I was not being paid in money, I got benefited from it in other ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.