Tracking Code

Friday, August 5, 2016

Nomads in digital age

This is a digital global age rather say an age of modern nomads. Earlier it was a lot better than now in one respect. All the family members of nomads wandered together.However, in this time of global citizens, children leave their homes for bright prosperous future and cage of parents become empty. Parents are like strong trees which can not be up rooted and placed in other countries so easily. If parents agree in the hopes of staying together with their children and grand children, they soon start drying up in a sense that they miss their own home back in their home country, their friends and relatives, though those people do not have any time to say hello. Relatives and relationships are different story and I may write another post on that. Anyways, I am also a nomad. I left my country with my husband to fulfill our dreams. And, parents agreed to stay in home country with rest of the family and friends in the hope that we would visit quite often. But, once you are in different country in this financially crunching times, unstable economies whether you talk about Canada or America, situation is same everywhere, you have to have very selective dreams. When I first left India, I thought I will visit my family once a year. I did not realize life has become nomad, but this nomadness is also very selective. You do not always go where you want to, you have to go where your destiny takes you.I entrusted on technology to keep me connected with my family. I did not realize I belong to India which is believed to be a software hub and upcoming super power. However, reality at ground level is still very harsh. Technology does demand infrastructure and finance. Many a time, government fails to provide it due to their own limitations. This leaves you a physical nomad with trapped heart in your country in your own people.
There is another prospective to this modern age nomadness, which I realized in my recent visit to India. People are wandering clueless among digital technologies day and night in the hopes of connecting with people.  But, still global statistics says half of the world population feels loneliness, what kind of paradox is this. I have started pondering on this, and I know answer is somewhere within me, around me. I have found remedy in appreciation and gratitude. Now, I spend few hours quite or in company of my husband with a cup of coffee and cherishing the nature. The tall tress, big hills and mountains covered with green trees. I wonder do they also have some story to share with me...hopefully yes...
Do leave your comments and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.