Tracking Code

Thursday, August 18, 2016

will you stay abroad or return back

I had a discussion with a good friend of mine yesterday regarding our plans to stay abroad or return back to our home country as and when opportunity comes. I told I am not sure,it all depends but would not mind to be back to my home country, reunited with my family and friends. She insisted how can you even think of taking this decision as there are more opportunities in developed countries rather than a Utopian feeling to connect with family and friends, after all this is your only life to live to the fullest.
It has been over six years when I started encountering this same question "will you stay here/there or return back to your home country"???????? Every person has different reason and curiosity for this question. Even I often ask this question to others. All have their own reasons to ask this question.Some ask this question just for the sake of asking a question or some look for support for their decisions through my answer. Whatever is the reason, I can bet on this that every individual who has been to foreign land has been asked this question or has asked this question to someone who he/she knows has been to foreign country. Why is this question so important, especially in this digital age of global citizenship.

And, you won't believe I don't know the answer to this question????? I keep looking for the answer, to judge my true feelings about this, my intention, my decision, and more I ponder, more I get confused with mixed feelings.

People says life is there, where your near and dear ones are. I always see posts on social media, where people show their desire to reconnect with their friends and family 24*7. If we have so strong desire for our dear ones, so how can we even think of departing from then. I do not know....

My one reason to go back to my country is that my family. But after living so many years abroad, whenever you visit your own country , after few days of fun, you start having an alien feeling. The same air and land start seeming stranger. And I started getting the urge, not to return back abroad, but to escape to another strange land. Where I can exchange my feeling of strangeness to the feeling of curiosity to know that strange city. When this curiosity starts fading, you again land up in the mirage of desires.......what a paradox it is.
When I was a child, I feared FEAR a lot, which I do to date.What if I lost my parents, what if i have to part from friends. What if I changed the school and have to leave my old friends. When friends start getting married, I wondered now will I get the same time and attention from them...and there was no end to it...from the fear of changing the school to the fear of changing the organization to the fear of changing the country...Time has change, land has changed, friends have changes...but fear is same old fear, which is very familiar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.