Tracking Code

Friday, August 26, 2016

Ignorance is bliss

I heard this line first time in 1994  beauty pageant when Sushmita Sen from India answered in the question-answer round that "Ignorance is Bliss" . I was young at that time and could not figure out the real intent behind this answer. What was so great in this answer that she won the Miss Universe title. And, time kept passing and I totally forgot about this.
Then, six years ago, I left my home country and started a new adventure of my life, dream of my life, traveling. And, even this small period of abroad stay in two continents has made me understand this world a bit more clear, which some times makes me scared.
Now, I am in Switzerland. I was very happy as in my home country Switzerland is believed to be the heaven on Earth. Most importantly, after watching Bollywood movies by Yash Chopra, you definitely start fascinating about visiting Switzerland at least once in your life like a pilgrim.
My dream fulfilled last year, though the process made me desperate towards the end but I am glad it was wonderful in the end.
So, this year as well I was fortunate enough to get the opportunity to live in Switzerland to truly feel its air and smell the freshness and cherish the green beauty, enjoy the music of church bells every few minutes and the sound of cow bells gazing on top of the hills in the late afternoon. This seems very simple and ordinary imagining while sitting in front of a office laptop in a concrete jungle. But, believe me this is a true bliss, and nature of universe to come back to the nature.
All was happy , I was in my dream land. Sipping a hot cup of coffee , standing in my balcony on top floor of my apartment, viewing the green hills, passing of a train from the twists and turns of the hill and cows calmly gazing on the green meadows.I am very demanding, I would not have believed liking all these small wonders until I visited here.
So, yester evening, I invited a local Swiss friend of mine and while conversing she brought the topic that Swiss people are very fortunate that they have direct democracy and all that. And, at last she showed her concern on few issues and brought the topic of Brexit. One thing I realized from my abroad trips is the habit of learning from the environment. Since last few months, my friends were sharing on FB about Brexit, but it didn't sound something interesting and skipped reading that post for later. As, I had a long time belief that politics is for the politician and common people need not to pay heed to all these political stuff.
Anyways, through that conversation, she showed her concern that Switzerland is a country of brain, they have their own brain and pick the best brain from the world. If Brexit does not end with a happy note, then what might be the possible consequences for Switzerland. She further stressed that how severely the science might get affect because of all this political mess.
My ears alarmed when she brought the science thing. Because my partner is a scientist and we are expat in Switzerland. Now, I started googling the thing and got aware how closely we might get affected by all these political things.And, only thought that came to my mind just before existing from my dreamland of fairy tales was, "Ignorance is Bliss".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.