Tracking Code

Monday, August 15, 2016

Ten Worlds of Nichiren Buddhism

Buddhism says we are ordinary ignorant people with a very limited vision. That is why we need direction of wise teachers and wisdom from world philosophies to keep our lives on track. One such Buddhist concept is of ten worlds. It says there exists ten worlds in every single moment and it depends on our life state to which world will dominate that particular moment. Before elaborating more on this, I state these ten worlds: Hell, Hunger, Animality, Anger, Humanity, Heavon, Learning, Realization,Bodhisattva and Buddhahood.
With time, I have realized this concept very relevant and meaningful. I will not discuss all these worlds here as they all kind of self-explanatory.And, I am not a spiritual leader or Buddhist monk to give a discourse on these concepts.
I am here to acknowledge and share the concepts which I have learned ,found meaningful and beneficial. Buddhism also believes in sharing. Sharing the problems and benefits as well. I am here to share the philosophies which had comforted me at times and throw light and hope in the darkness of my problems.
I am a keen learner. I learned many things, but there was a void. I knew there was something missing, as there was no contentment despite so much learning. After encountering Buddhism and this concept of ten worlds and going through the sequence of these worlds, one thing stuck my attention. It was the sequential order of learning and realization. I have learnt the things, but realization was missing. I read the book, but experience was missing. Realization always follows the learning. After realizing the importance of Realization and reflecting back on my life experiences, I was kind of able to put together all the pieces and can see for myself where is what missing. It took time to learn this life lesson but believe me it was worth.
Briefly, ten worlds say that we have all the good or bad expressions within ourselves. Like something wrong happens and we may react aggressively and blaming the people and surrounding and what not. But another way to see at it is like this, instead of blaming others , we may pause and think for a moment how it could be done right and be hopeful to resolve the issue. Both the approaches or expressions are very common and exist within ourselves.But at different times, we react differently. Sometime with despair and another times with hope and happiness. And our reaction depends on our life state. If we have high life state that is of humanity and higher, we react more positively. That is why in Buddhism we always chant and pray and motivate for higher life states. Again, both positivity and negativity are vicious cyles. Positivity  attracts positivity and negativity attracts negativity. So, always keep your spirits uplifted,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.