Tracking Code

Monday, August 15, 2016

Environment Support

Since past few years, I have been introduced to the Buddhism. The very first thing that appealed to me in Buddhism was the concept of environmental support. Being ordinary persons, we have very limited vision and understanding. There are many thing which exists around us and still we are so ignorant of them. There is a concept in Buddhism that we can neither see our own eyes nor the distant stars. This is something which makes absolute sense to me. So, is the concept of Environment support. I can relate it to many experiences of my own life. Like, few months ago, I traveled from Canada to India. It was a very pleasant journey. At my final destination, I come to know that one of my luggage did not arrive. I filed the complaint and was assured that in a day or two, I will get my luggage back. As I know this is very common in long distance flights and was very hopeful to get back my luggage soon.And, to my surprise, it has been almost 4 months, I have not received my luggage. Though, I followed up with the officers and called many times,but of no use. I had an expensive ticket with good air carrier. I checked in my luggage properly. I did all the right things, still my luggage got missing and no body is taking its responsibility. Now, to whom do I blame for this???I believe, it is just that I lacked environment support.
Another great example, I was travelling from Canada to USA on visa. My flight was comfortable and safe. All went well. And after two years, I was planning my trip to Switzerland from Canada and applying for visa and preparing all the other documents. At that time, the kind of documents I had for Canada immigration allows me to go and visit any country, but I will need one more document to reenter Canada. This was kind of surprise or confusing to me. Because, when I visited USA two years back, I had the same status in Canada, but I had no problem to reenter Canada. After researching for few days and consulting some travel agents, I come to know that Canada and USA has some ties that allowed me to enter Canada without requiring any other document, but this is not the case with Switzerland. I really thanked my environment at that time for all the support it provided me two years back at the Canada airport, which I realized two years later.
In many philosophies, prayer is considered an important pillar of ones faith. And, Buddhism is no exception. The difference is that pray for right things and supportive environment is equally important. I just quoted very simple examples from the diary of my own life. I do not need to elaborate more on this as we can see many examples from a newspaper of todays time. To be at right place, at right time with right people is all I believe is the concept of environment support and I always pray for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are an encouragement to keep this blog going, so do leave a comment. We greatly appreciate your comments.